IBMI called the fourth meeting with board of directors (as shown below) on 19 April, where they welcomed leaders in technology and finance to head the advisory group.
Kou-I YEH, President and Founder of Inventec Group, Thomas WU, Chairman of Taishin Holdings and Richard M. Tsai, Chairman of Fubon Financial, are veteran industry leaders with remarkable careers in respective fields. Their arrival marks that the healthcare industry in Taiwan needs the most: innovative technology and capital.
YEH from Inventec observed the power of interdisciplinary communication and collaboration and the impact on working together on product development. He also appealed to loosen regulations in order for Taiwan-made medical device to crack the door open to global markets.
WU indicated that capital plays its part in industry development. Not only the funding source Taishin Holdings can bring about but also the experience in financing and membership services that can be transferred to healthcare.
Pan-Chyr YANG, VP IBMI who chaired the meeting went on to share biomedical capabilities Taiwan has to offer. The National Innovation Award since 2004 has discovered thousands of new products and technologies and created unprecedent opportunities for outstanding startups to be seen and funded. YANG invited the board of directors and three lead advisors to meet those the award winners face to face.
Jin-Pyng WANG, Founder IBMI, indicated that medicine, biotechnology and ICT together would be another trillion-dollar business and he is proud to see them go fast and go out to the world.
Jong-Chin SHEN, Vice Premier of the Executive Yuan concluded that the government provides full support through policymaking and pushing forward emerging technologies to be applicable to the Act for the Development of Biotech and New Pharmaceuticals Industry.
Board of Directors in presence (last name by alphabetic order)
• Allen HORNG/ Chairman/ Catcher Technology
• Allen WU/ CEO/ IBMI
• Barry LAM/ Chairman/ Quanta Computer
• Bobby SHENG/ Chairman & CEO/ Bora Pharmaceuticals
• C.C. LEE/ Chairman/ Maywufa Healthcare Group
• Chien-Huang LIN/ President/ Taipei Medical University (TMU)
• Frank HUANG/ Chairman/ Powerchip Technology
• Hung-Jen YANG/ CEO/ ShareHope Medicine
• J.W. KUO/ Chairman/ Anyong Biotechnology
• K.C. LIU/ Chairman/ Advantech
• Ming-Feng HOU/ Professor/ Kaohsiung Medical University (KMU)
• Ming-Hsien CHEN/ Chairman/ St. Shine Optical
• Pan-Chyr YANG/ Professor/ National Taiwan University Hospital (NTUH)
• Peter CHEN/ Chairman/ Qisda
• Po Jen YEH/ Honorary Chairman/ Realtek Semiconductor
• Shih-Wei HUANG/ Superintendent/ Chang Bing Show Chwan Memorial Hospital
• T.H. TUNG/ Chairman & CEO/ Pegatron Group
• Tai-Lung CHA/ Superintendent/ Tri-Service General Hospital (TSGH)
• Wen-Jin CHERNG/ Superintendent/ Linkou Chang Gung Memorial Hospital
• Yen-Hsuan Ni/ Dean/ College of Medicine, NTU
• Yu-Mei CHANG/ Founder/ Ten-Chen Medical Group